The drum has been a powerful tool in my quest to challenge disability. Working with some very exceptional people has been some of the most rewarding work that I have done; bringing drumming to lots of groups and individuals once again in a relaxed environment, where the emphasis is always on fun and maximum participation to :-
Benefits of Drumming with Special Needs
- Challenge peoples perception of what we can all do and what people think we can do.
- Bring people together in a spirit of community, co-operation, listening, participation and rhythm regardless of age and perceived ability.
- Allow personal expression regardless of perceived ability for those that find it difficult to express emotions.
- Building and understanding relationships with themselves and others.
- To inspire confidence in themsleves.
- Accessibility is vitally important and we supply adapted mallets, drums, stands and percussion to maximise participation and individual experience.
Using Interactive Community Drum Circles and other rhythm based community events Drum with Us aim to bring children, adults, groups and families of all abilities together to create and play. Through drumming and creativity, people forge connections, build communities and together have the opportunity to express themselves rhythmically, individually and collectively. It is about learning to share your creativity, celebrate life and have lots of fun in a relaxed atmosphere.
For more information and bookings contact Ray